Here’s list of the very basic things that you’ll need to do to make sure you’re ready for a trackday.
- Mirrors to be removed/taped and folded in.
- All lights to be completely taped over. No light to show.
- All fastners completely torqued. (body, brake caliper bolts, oil drain plug, oil filter, levers, exhaust brackets etc)
- Tyres to be in excellent condition with plenty of tread remaining. (Save old tyres and re-mounts for after the trackday)
- Final drive to be in excellent condition.
- All controls and levers must operate freely.
- Throttle must snap back to the off position when released.
- Lockwire oil drain plug and oil filter so it cannot come loose.
- Track only – Remove the coolant and replace with pure water or water and a pump lubricator (e.g water wetter)